What to do about my back?

Patient

Q: I have a moderate protrusion on my L5-S1 disc and a mild dissension on the L3-L4 disc. I have been taking norco 5mg 2x a day for pain for 7 months now. It worked great at first and i had no side effects or didnt feel loopy at all. But as of the last 2 months or so that started to change and now the current dose does not have an effect. Im experiencing extreme pain and can hardly function. Ive tried therapy and other ailments but all have failed. What do I do other then the obvious choice of surgery which im all for as long as this gets fixed.

Symptoms:  Constant dull pain in lower left side of back with pulsating sharp pains in same area and down my legs.
Doctor