What to do if I discontinued antibiotics.

Patient

Q: I was prescribed doxycycline 100mg for treatment of acne,1 tablet per day for 3 weeks.I took them for a week then discontinued them since i thought i had an allergy.But now I know that the allergy was due to something else and not these tablets.So should I start taking the remaining tablets?It has almost been 3 weeks since I stopped taking the tablets?

Doctor

A:   Thanks for your query on ATD.
The course of doxycyclin may last for months together depending upon the improvement of lesions.Do not use remaining tablets.Visit your dermatologist. He may change the medicines.
Best wishes