What to expect upon starting birth control pills

Patient: My doctor suggest Overall tablets to my wife to postponed pregenancy. Kindly advice how to take the above and if there is any side effect by using this

Doctor: In general, when using birth control pills initially, the more common side effects are menstrual irregularities (bleedin g or spotting), mood swings, bloating, headaches, acne, etc. It also slightly thickens the blood and increases risk of clogging blood vessels; this risk is significantly increased in smokers. This rarely happens but if it does, the consequences can be serious. Pills should be taken at the same time everyday; if perfect use is done, it is ~99.9% effective in preventing pregnancy. When taken everyday but not at the same time, the effectivity decreases to 95%. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.