Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What type of cream for brown acne marks on face

What type of cream for brown acne marks on face

Patient: Hello doctor,I’ve brown marks on my face which are caused by acne(pimples). My condition is not serious as I don’t have too many marks. I just have 4-5 marks each on both cheek but still I’m concerned as they don’t look good.Can you please suggest me some effective cream/medicine to remove those brown marks?Thank you

Symptoms: Brown marks on face

Doctor: Post-acne blemishes can be treated by various medications available in the market, under prescription of a qualified doc tor. Since, some of these medications produce photosensitivity, it is advisable to use them at bed time only (consult your doctor before using). Most of these ointments take 6-8 weeks for producing noticeable benefit. So be patient and consult a Dermatologist for advice.