What type of infection is that?

Patient : I'm 16 yr old. My vulva and clitoris itching and there is white substance inside my opening. And it's burning while urinating. What is going on with me???
Symptoms:  itching, burning while urinating, white cheesy substance
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is likely that you have a Candida infection. This is commonly known as a yeast infection . It produces a white "cheese-like' discharge, similar to your description. Sometimes this infection can get into your urethra, and bladder, causing a urinary tract infection (UTI). This UTI will produce the symptom of bladder discomfort, pain, and a burning sensation while urinating. To treat this, you need to be examined by a doctor and provided with the appropriate prescription medication, and use it as directed. These infections usually resolve with treatment without complications. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon