What would cause fluid to leak from my breast?

Patient : What would cause fluid to leak from my breast? I am not pregnant.
Doctor :   I do understand your concern. Not all breast discharges are caused due to breast cancer. Sometimes breast discharge can be seen with use of birth control pills, excessive breast stimulation, infection, abscesses and certain medications. It is always wise to take symptom of breast discharge seriously and consult your doctor. There can be many conditions which can lead to this some of which include cancer, intraductal papilloma etc. A physical examination by your doctor as well as a mammogram or an ultrasound would help confirm the diagnosis. I hope the information helps, I wish you well.