What would cause my boyfriend to start burping extremely str

Patient

Q: What would cause my boyfriend to start burping extremely strong rotten egg odors out if no where and then start puking

Symptoms:  Vomiting, diarrhea, hot flashes, strong odorous burps and light-headedness
Doctor

A:   Hi.

Read and understood that your boyfriend has vomiting, diarrhea, burping extremely strong rotten egg odors and light headedness.
All these symptoms are suggestive of gastroenteritis and he need a proper clinical evaluation for dehydration, septicemia and control of vomiting.
I would advise you to take him to the hospital/ER so that proper clinical evaluation will be done as well as he gets a prescription for the medicine like PPI, Domperidone, an antibiotic, probiotic and supportive treatment.

Burping of the strong rotten egg odor is due to bacterial overgrowth causing / producing gases giving this typical smell.

Hope this helps.