Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What would cause my boyfriend to start burping extremely str

What would cause my boyfriend to start burping extremely str

Patient: What would cause my boyfriend to start burping extremely strong rotten egg odors out if no where and then start puking

Symptoms: Vomiting, diarrhea, hot flashes, strong odorous burps and light-headedness

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood that your boyfriend has vomiting, diarrhea, burping extremely strong rotten egg odors and lig ht headedness.All these symptoms are suggestive of gastroenteritis and he need a proper clinical evaluation for dehydration, septicemia and control of vomiting.I would advise you to take him to the hospital/ER so that proper clinical evaluation will be done as well as he gets a prescription for the medicine like PPI, Domperidone, an antibiotic, probiotic and supportive treatment.Burping of the strong rotten egg odor is due to bacterial overgrowth causing / producing gases giving this typical smell.Hope this helps.