What would cause pain in my right leg when lying down

Patient

Q: Why does my right leg hurt when lying down and yet when standing it only hurts about 10% of the time?

Symptoms:  Previously I could only lie on my right side for about 5 minutes and would have to turn over as my side would get sore. About a month ago it started getting tight on my lower leg, then to my knee and includes basically the whole leg now. Also the throbbing pain/tightness now remains when lying on my left side. The most comfortable position is to lie on my back. My feet do swell during the day, and I am overweight, 55 years old, and am on epilim for epilepsy
Doctor