What would cause the bottom of your feet to feel

Patient : What would cause the bottom of your feet to feel numb in the arch and base of your toes
Doctor :   Hello, Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. The symptoms you are describing fits into a condition kn own as Peripheral Neuropathy. The common causes are Alcoholism, Autoimmune diseases, Diabetes, Exposure to poisons, Medications, Infections, Trauma or pressure on the nerve and Vitamin deficiencies. In such scenario, you should see your doctor, who would evaluate you based on history and clinical examination and will investigate you accordingly. I would advise following minimum tests: 1. Fasting Blood sugar levels. 2. Vitamin B12 assay 3. Nerve Conduction Velocity Testing. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy