Whats causing my shortness of breath?

Q: I have been recently short of breath for about 24hrs.
At first it seemed like my asthma but after using my neubulizer and albuetoral inhaler there was no relief.
Is it possible that acid reflux is contricting my airway? and making me have shortness of breath? Could this be cured by taking some ibuprofen to reduce inflammation? My doc says he wants to do a pulmunary test and send me to a ENT doctor to have a scope put down my throat to look at whats going on. But im about to leave for vegas tomorrow and I am worried that my shortness of breath will intesify.
I would like to hear what you have to say about this because I am really confused on what to do. Could this all be anxiety related?

Thank you,

Ryan Mitchell