Whats is a treatment for hep c geno1b with cirrhosis

Patient : Whats is a treatment for hep c geno1b with cirrhosis
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. HCV infection genotype 1 b- th e genotype mostly refers to the origin of the subtype, and 1 b is found in Europe and some parts of Asia. And it is, unfortunately, more challenging to treat too. The treatment depends entirely on the spread of the disease. For acute patients, the treatment needs to be started as soon as possible after the exposure and interferon therapy may be required to spread the infection, or try to remove the virus from the body altogether. However, most such cases are diagnosed in the chronic stage. The approved treatment is a combination of Ribavirin therapy and interferon injections, and especially for genotype 1, the duration of the treatment should be 48 weeks. Up to 50-60 % of the cases are cured with the regimen of Ribavirin and interferon injections. There have been two protease inhibitors added recently to the list of drugs approved for hepatitis treatment. They are Boceprevir and Telaprevir, but studies are yet to show their efficacy levels. Hope this was helpful, Feel free to discuss further, Regards.