Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What’s wrong when you have sharp pains running through your

What’s wrong when you have sharp pains running through your

Patient: What’s wrong when you have sharp pains running through your legs to your hips for about two seconds

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.This usually happens in Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression that is Radiculop athy.I would advise you to get following:1. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels2. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.For pain I advise following:1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.5. SSRI like Duloxetine helps in long term.But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness , tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy