Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
This usually happens in Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression that is Radiculopathy.
I would advise you to get following:
1. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels
2. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.
For pain I advise following:
1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
5. SSRI like Duloxetine helps in long term.
But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness , tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.