What's wrong with my Birth Control?

Patient : I am 26 years old, and have the Paragard IUD. My periods have been getting later and later, and I am now more than a week over when I should have started. I've been experiencing slight nausea, more mild than usual cramping, mood swings, dizziness and fatigue. I took 2 pregnancy tests yesterday, both were negative. I did a string check on my IUD, and I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it doesn't feel like it normally does. I don't feel the tips of the strings like usual. If what I'm feeling IS the strings, it almost feels like the side of one like they are longer and curling up. I've made an appointment with my OB, but they can't get me in until the 1st of October. Could my IUD have dislodged causing an infection? Could I be pregnant and it's too early to read on a test?
Symptoms:  Nausea, cramping, mood swings, dizziness, fatigue