When a doctor doesn't know what to call it, how do you expect me to.

Q: I do not know how to classify this problem. My wife is a seemingly healthy 77 year old takes medications for high blood pressure which is well controlled. Her problem is loose bowels. She has to be near a bathroom at all times. When a bowel movement urge hits her, she sometimes is not able to go up one 6 step stairway to the bathroom without completely messing up her self clothes. She works her desk is very close to a rest room. She has had to come home when she couldn't make to the rest room. She has gone to several doctors re this problem. About 3 years ago she went to a specialist at Johns Hopkins who proceded to send her for test after test over the next year to year and a half. Medication was not prescribed that I can remember. Finally, after all these tests and a few thousand dollars, the doctor told her that he had no idea what her problem is no recommendation for future help. The only place she ever goes is to work. we cannot go to dinner, on vacation or anywhere. Her quality of life, and mine, is poor. We could certainly use some help.