When a man has trichamonasis which is a STD.

Patient: ~When a man has trichamonasis which is a STD. Not showing No signs, how long does it take for a woman to get infected an start showing signs. Could this been caught at an earlier time. Like sept an just not showing up in a Jan pap smear?

Doctor: Thanks for your question.I understand you intend to ask whether what is the incubation period of this disease. Some p eople with symptoms get them within 5 to 28 days after being infected, but others do not develop symptoms until much later. Symptoms can even come and go.Pap smear is a test of a sample of cells taken from a woman’s cervix or vagina. The test is used to look for changes in the cells of the cervix and vagina that show cancer or conditions that may develop into cancer. It is the best tool to detect precancerous conditions and hidden, small tumors that may lead to cervical cancer. If detected early, cervical cancer can be cured.Hope this helps.