When an 801b 28 year old female performs the exercise bicycle crunches, are the same number of calories burnt if they are performed with rests eg?

Patient

Q: Hi, when an 801b 28 year old female performs the exercise bicycle crunches, are the same number of calories burnt if they are performed with rests eg. at a rate of 5 at a time etc compared to performing them without rest eg. at a continuous rate of 180 at a time, or are more calories burnt if the bicycle crunches are performed with no rests eg. at a continuous rate of 180 at a time. In other words, are more calories burnt when performing the bicycle crunches with no rest in between eg. lifting yourself fully up eg. standing up from the bicycle crunch position or are the calories burnt still the same as when the bicycle crunches are performed with no rest and standing up from the bicycle crunch position. Further, if the constant momentum & motion/ exercise and correct form (eg. lying correctly in the bicycle crunch position) of performing the bicycle crunches is broken by stopping/ standing up from the bicycle crunch position will there be a less amount of calories burnt or will the number of calories burnt be the same. Also, are significantly more calories burnt after exercise if a greater number of bicycle crunches are performed, or is the number of calories burnt the same as when a lesser number of bicycle crunches are performed. I'm writing a health & fitness and need an in-depth, accurate and detailed answer for this question. Thank you for your help and kind regards,

Symptoms:  None.
Doctor

When you do the bicycle crunches continuously without rest, there will be more calories that will be burnt. In case you rest, the no of calories may be slightly reduced. However, you have to remember that for the body to burn more calories it does need rest in between and a break to rejuvenate. Doing so, the tired muscles will regain stamina and may end up burning more calories and compensate for the time lost in between the breaks. However, the amount of calories that will be burnt either ways is subjective and no one can accurately predict the number of calories or any variations in that with respect to the various positions of performing the bicycle exercise.
The more the number of crunches you do, the more the calories will be burnt, provided the body is not fatigued or you over do the exercise .
Hope this helps.

Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. After an exercise is completed that has been performed for a greater number of sets or for a longer duration in time is there a greater number of calories burnt in the period after the exercise has been completed compared to the number of calories burnt after an exercise performed at a lesser number of sets or shorter duration in time has been completed, or is the number of calories burnt roughly the same amount after performing the exercise after both situations (at a greater number of sets or longer duration in time & at a lesser number of sets or shorter duration in time). Thus, are a greater number of calories burnt after the exercise has been completed after performing a greater number of bicycle crunches, and is a lesser amount of calories burnt after the exercise has been completed after performing a lesser number of bicycle crunches. In other words if a greater number of bicycle crunches are performed are significantly more calories burnt in the period after the exercise has been completed or is the number of calories burnt only slightly more when compared to the number of calories burnt after the exercise has been completed after performing a lesser number of bicycle crunches. Thankyou for you help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: If the duration is more and the no of crunches also increase in the same frequency, there will be more calories burnt.
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. Thanks again and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: Your welcome. We are always there for any help anytime.