When are you automatically not a virgin ? I am freaking out ...!

Q: Hello . I really need help because I'm freaking out . I'm 16 and about 2 months ago , I had sex with his guy . I was 15 at the time . He didn't pop my cherry because it hurt too much and I told him to stop . So i still considered myself a virgin .
That's why I didn't pay too much attention to it because I thought a girl stops being a virgin when her cherry pops .
But I was doing research And I read that as soon as a penis enters , you're not a virgin anyone . He wasn't the one and it was a stupid decision . I really need to know if I'm a virgin or not . And he for sure did NOT pop my cherry .