When can I start taking Feanolla Pill?

Patient

Q: Ive just got a contraceptive pill called Feanolla, can I start taking it anytime?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Feanolla is an estrogen only type of oral contraceptive containing an estrogen analog desogestrel. Yes, you can start taking this oral contraceptive immediately however for the next seven days from the time of starting this medication, it is recommended to use barrier protection such as condoms to protect against pregnancy. After these seven days, you will be protected against pregnancy and need not use barrier protection.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your medical query.