Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > When can I take a pregnancy test to see if I am pregnant

When can I take a pregnancy test to see if I am pregnant

Patient: When can I take a pregnancy test to see if I’m pregnant?? I’m really scared because last night the condom broke and I can’t stop thinking about it

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.There is no point in doing urine pregnancy test at this early st age.If the exposure was high risk, you can take emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of exposure.You have not mentioned her your menstrual period date and date you had sex. So, I am unable to calculate if you were in the safe period when you had sex or not.Wait for your periods. If you miss your periods, get urine pregnancy test done at home after 10 days of missing her periods.I would advise you to be cautious next time.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.