Thank you for posting your query at ATD.
Burning sensation over the knee area can be due to various causes such as:
-Iliotibial band syndrome
-Inflammation due to infection
To evaluate the cause among the above mentioned conditions few important questions are required to be answered.
1) What is your age group?
2) Which part of your knee is painful?
3) Has there been any recent change in your activity?
4) What are the aggravating and relieving factors for pain apart from touching the knee?
5) Do you regularly or occasionally go for sports or athletic activities?
6) Do you have any other preexisting spinal, knee condition, diabetes etc?
Kindly follow up with answers to these questions.
Feel free to discuss further.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.