When I breathe I am getting a severe sharp stabbing pain

Patient: When I breathe I am getting a severe sharp stabbing pain in my back, middle right hand side of my spine

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Severe Muscular Spasm.I would advise you to get an X-ray Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.For acute muscular pain I advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.