When I move my foot a certain way it feels


Q: When I move my foot a certain way it feels like the muscle under my ankle bone rips. It's been going on for about a month. What causes this?


A:   HI.
Read and understood your concerns.

There is a feeling that the muscle under the ankle bone rips if you move your foot in a certain way, and this is going on for a month.
The probable causes are:
Tenosynovitis / calcaneal spur meaning extra growth of bone/ fascitis means inflammation of fascia.

This can be diagnosed on clinical evaluation by an Orthopedic Surgeon and X-rays.
The treatment comprises of the following:
- Hot fomentation under the saturated saline warm water - twice daily.
- Anti-inflammatory medicines like Ibuprofen.
- If you are not diabetic local steroid injections or orally may be greatly beneficial.
- Rest of the treatment as per the findings.

I hope this helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: My tongue normally rests at the bottom of my mouth, but a few days ago I noticed that all of a sudden I am constantly...

Q: I recently noticed the small thing under my tongue seems to be swollen or have a couple red bumps. There also appear...

Q: Hi A few weeks ago, i scratched the roof of my mouth multiple times. A couple days later in the general area, i notic...

Q: My 10 year old daughter has a little hard lump inside her cheek it moves around and causes no pain

Q: How do I get a circumcision when my GP says it's non threatening so I don't need one?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon