When I move my foot a certain way it feels

Patient

Q: When I move my foot a certain way it feels like the muscle under my ankle bone rips. It's been going on for about a month. What causes this?

Doctor

A:   HI.
Read and understood your concerns.

There is a feeling that the muscle under the ankle bone rips if you move your foot in a certain way, and this is going on for a month.
The probable causes are:
Tenosynovitis / calcaneal spur meaning extra growth of bone/ fascitis means inflammation of fascia.

This can be diagnosed on clinical evaluation by an Orthopedic Surgeon and X-rays.
The treatment comprises of the following:
- Hot fomentation under the saturated saline warm water - twice daily.
- Anti-inflammatory medicines like Ibuprofen.
- If you are not diabetic local steroid injections or orally may be greatly beneficial.
- Rest of the treatment as per the findings.

I hope this helps you.