Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > When I poop I have to hold bulge inside vagina

When I poop I have to hold bulge inside vagina

Patient: When I poop I have to hold bulge inside vagina so it could come out. What could it be?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The typical symptom of holding the buldge in vagina to poop is typical of a posterior rectovaginal septal defect leading to formation of a RECTOCELE.There is no other way but a surgical correction which is offered for the same in form of colpo-perineorrhaphy with MOSCOWITZ’s repair.You may discuss the option with your physician and take an informed decision.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health and quality lifestyle,Regards