When I run my finger down the side of my

Patient

Q: When I run my finger down the side of my child's nose one side has a small bump compared to the other which may have been the result of falling of the bed a week ago. Fluid like water has leaked from this nose today, could it just be mucous or should I be concerned?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have a viral infection. It is the cause of runny nose and secretions from the nose. This happens because virus will cause release of cytokines which cause increased secretions from the nose.

You can try taking Levocet 1 time a day for 3 days to help you. See a Doctor if you do not get better in 3 days.

All the best.