Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > When I take my whey protein shake in the morning

When I take my whey protein shake in the morning

Patient: When I take my whey protein shake in the morning I get an urge to pass the stools and the stools are watery…I wanted to know that the protein which I consumed gets to my body or it gets wasted in the form of stools….further I am on high protein diet and lactose intolerant

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted your history of lactose intolerance.The Whey protein is a product of milk with s ome lactose in it hence you are getting intolerance to Whey protein and urge to pass stool, in the form of watery stools. Hence whey protein you are taking is wasted in the stools.I hope this clears your doubts.Please stop Whey protein consumption.