When i was 11 i was in a car accident.

Patient: When i was 11 i was in a car accident where i almost lost my ability to walk, i did have to learn how to walk again and now over 40 i hurt so bad from waist down and sometimes feel like i can’t move. could this be from that and if so how can i fix the problem?

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think i t is unrelated to that accident. However, it can be confirmed by x-ray lumbar spine whether there is an old injury.It is likely to be due to a weakness of bone and muscle of the back. The second cause can be vitamin deficiency specially vitamin D. You are advised back exercises. You can get your vitamin D level checked and if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3. For pain relief, you can take analgesics such as ibuprofen.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.