When I would do stomach workouts I felt carsick and cramped a little

Patient : I started dieting and excercising about four weeks ago. I started noticing when I would do stomach workouts I felt carsick and cramped a little. I also have acid reflux and it started to increase and for the past 2 days my stool has been a light brown but it has starting darkening some. I have never had this happen before. What could this mean?
Symptoms:  Increased acid reflux
Cramping
Light stool
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Abdominal exercises, especially for those new to these types of work outs can cause nausea and cramping. This usually resolves without any complications, and as you become stronger, you will not experience these symptoms. Your changes in your bowel movements may also be a due to abdominal strain, however we want you to monitor these changes. If you notice any blood, or if your stools become black or tar coloured, we would like you to see your doctor to test to check if you have any gastrointestinal bleeds. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com