When my sugar is low I experience exaggerated movements Why

Q: When my sugar is low I experience exaggerated movements. Why

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
When our sugar levels are slow, there's some disturbance in the electrolyte balance in our body, that causes various neurological issues like exaggerated movements/ giddiness/ vasovagal episode,e.t.c

Why does you sugar levels go so low?
Are you on and medication?

Feel free to discuss further.

Patient: I've been a diabetic 40yrs this is something new as low sugar symptoms. It's scary. Never had this reaction before
Doctor: By low what has the sugar level?
How are you finding the sugar level?
Also what are the medicines that you are taking?
Patient: Bar easing 49 using accuchek plus meter. Meds lantus and gabapentin
Doctor: Okay when were you diagnosed with Diabetes? Have you ever used insulin?
Patient: 40 yrs ago, lantus & novolog
Doctor: Okay we definitely would need to modify your insulin dosage. Because a sugar level of 49 can be dangerous. Secondly can you get a C peptide test done and follow up?
Patient: Ok thank you very much
Patient: I will check with my doctor and also let him read this for review. Thank you once again
Doctor: Yes, please do.
I once again reiterate, that hypoglycemia is more dangerous than Hyperglycemia.