When Should I First see the Doctor When I am Pregnant

Patient : I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and they have all came back positive. I am 2 weeks late for my period. When is the best time for me to go see a doctor about this situation?
Doctor :   I understand your concern about pregnancy. According to your late menses and three HPT results, it would be almost confi rmed that you are pregnant. I would say that right now is time for you to consult your primary care physician for a blood pregnancy test confirmation. I would also recommend you to start taking vitamins/minerals especially containing iron and folate which will be needed and will favor your baby’s health.  The minimum amount of folic acid to be taken daily is 0.4mg and in certain cases, your doctor may reccomend upto 1mg per day. I wish you the best.