When should i get blood test for pregnancy

Patient

Q: My period is 5 days late however i have take hpt and had negative results when should i see dr for blood test?

Doctor

A:   Certainly it is recommended to have your Home pregnancy test around a week after your menses due date. This will increase decrease the chances of false negative results since the pregnancy hormone or HCG should be in a good quantity. If the results were positive this time, then I would recommend you to confirm it with a blood pregnancy test done by your health care provider in about ten days after your menses due date. I wish you the best.