When to go to ER with bronchitis, allergies and asthma

Patient: How often is it safe to use Albuterol nebulizer treatment I’ve had bronchitis and have allergies along with allergy induced asthma. And want to avoid ER

Symptoms: Coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.Thanks for trusting us for your health issues.I have read your query in detail an d i understand your concern.You should avoid taking any medicine without advice from your doctor. See, since you are having severe breathlessness that you are feeling the need to go to ER, you should definitely go to ER.Your doctor would evaluate you clinically. If you don’t have severe chest congestion, he would treat you with anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast. He may add deriphylline or doxophylline for the chest spasms.If your chest congestion is very severe and there are wheezes and rhonchi’s, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required.You might also require a short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.