When to see a Doctor for Cold or Bronchitis?

Patient

Q: I have had what I think is a cold for over three weeks now. Stuffed Nose, Fever that comes and goes, a bit of dizziness, and a cough. It got better for a bit, and is right back in the bad zone, with my cough getting worse. My cough is a dry, restricted, tight cough. Do I need to go to a Doctor, or will this get better on it's own?

Doctor

A:   I would advise over the counter cough suppressants containing dextromethorphan for your symptoms. Consult your doctor only if you have mucus that is yellow or green and accompanied by fever, if you're coughing up blood or have breathing difficulty or wheezing.