x
191 Physicians Online

Question:

When will a urine test be positive for pregnancy?

I had unprotected sex on the 14 of november and now here it is the 23 and i have been having alot of cramping, and i have been very tired lately along with constantly having to urinate and feeling like my stomach is empty even after i eat i tried taking a home test on the 22 but it came back negative could i still be pregnant?

Answer:

A urine pregnancy test is usually positive within 2 week of the act. I would suggest to repeat the test after a week to test if you are pregnant or not. Quantitaive and qualitative analysis of beta HCG by blood is more sensitive and may confirm pregnancy within a week.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.