x
Browse
174 Physicians Online

Question:

When will a urine test be positive for pregnancy?

I had unprotected sex on the 14 of november and now here it is the 23 and i have been having alot of cramping, and i have been very tired lately along with constantly having to urinate and feeling like my stomach is empty even after i eat i tried taking a home test on the 22 but it came back negative could i still be pregnant?

Answer:

A urine pregnancy test is usually positive within 2 week of the act. I would suggest to repeat the test after a week to test if you are pregnant or not. Quantitaive and qualitative analysis of beta HCG by blood is more sensitive and may confirm pregnancy within a week.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA