Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > When will a urine test be positive for pregnancy?

When will a urine test be positive for pregnancy?

Patient: I had unprotected sex on the 14 of november and now here it is the 23 and i have been having alot of cramping, and i have been very tired lately along with constantly having to urinate and feeling like my stomach is empty even after i eat i tried taking a home test on the 22 but it came back negative could i still be pregnant?

Doctor: A urine pregnancy test is usually positive within 2 week of the act. I would suggest to repeat the test after a week to test if you are pregnant or not. Quantitaive and qualitative analysis of beta HCG by blood is more sensitive and may confirm pregnancy within a week.