When would you delivered a premature baby after prom ?

Patient

Q: Good day.

I am sorry to bring this question up but all I really want is closure.

I lost my baby 3 weeks ago. And cant stop thinking what if things were dun different than he will still be alive. I am not interested in law suiting the dr at all. I just want to know for my own peace of mind the truth. Would have asked the dr myself but he is ignoring me.

So I started having bleeding at 23 weeks. Went to my dr, and the sonar revealed placenta abruption. And I was asked to stay on bed rest. The bleeding never went away but by 26 weeks it got worse and I was given celestestone in case he might have to be delivered early. On sunday 11 October at 28 weeks I had a lot more bleeding and it was more runny blood. So we rushed to labour and delivery. Wear I was admitted cause my water broke and was draining a lot. We did a urine test and blood test that morning and thy came back positive for infection. I was put on a drip of antibiotics and observed on the ctg every 3h. In the morning thy did another sonar and there was no water at all. But I was told thy gonna keep me and will only deliver my baby if there is a infection. Thy did blood tests during the week. and it scored roughly 12,5 cpr. and Thursday morning I was rushed to emergency c section cause infection went to 38. My baby was really healthy no brain bleeds or hear problems but he caught the infection from me. And passed away 10 days latter from sepses.
I keep thinking I should have spoken up and told the dr Id prefer just to take my baby out the day my water broke or the next morning just to prevent him from catching the infection from me. Then He might have made it and still be alive. The icu unit was great and have dealt with a lot of 28 weeks and he was the first baby thy lost in a really long time.

So I just want to know if in your opinion think my dr did the right thing waiting ? Or would delivering the baby in the first 48h would have saved his life?
Thank you for taking the time to read this and reply to this, it means a lot to me

Symptoms:  Premature rapture of membranes
Doctor