When you have sex and you are supposed to start

Patient : When you have sex and you are supposed to start your period ? Is it normal for it to come late
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Intercourse itself may not alter the menstrual cycles. Li ttle bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many other causes like stress and strain, recent illness, changes in daily activities etc. Usually, menstrual cycle with the length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only. So, better to wait for few more days. If you do not get periods even one week after expected date, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy. Take care.