Whenever i finish eating food, it feels like the food is coming back.

Patient

Q: Whenever i finish eating food, it feels like the food is coming back to the mouth when i'm done with eating. What is the problem?What should i do?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

You are suffering from severe reflux disorder and all the food is getting regurgitated back to your mouth once you finish eating.
I will advise you a course of Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once daily before breakfast for 2 weeks. You should also take Tab. Ondansetron 4 mg thrice daily before meals to prevent the regurgitation and vomiting sensation.

If it still persists after taking Omeprazole, you will need a UGI endoscopy for the diagnosis and further management can be based on the findings. As of now, it just seems like GERD.

Hope this was helpful,