Birth control (also called contraception) can help you prevent pregnancy when you don’t want to have a baby.
How do you choose the right birth control?
There isn’t one method of birth control that’s right for everyone. Each type of birth control has pros and cons.
Here are some things to think about when choosing a birth control method:
- Do you want to have children someday? How soon?
- Do you have any health conditions?
- How often do you have sex?
- How many sex partners do you have?
- Do you also need protection against HIV and other STDs?
- How well does the birth control method work?
- Are there any side effects?
- Will you be able to use it correctly every time?
How does birth control work?
It depends on the type of birth control you choose. Different methods of birth control work in different ways. Below is a quiz that will help you choose the right birth control .