Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Which brand should i try next?

Which brand should i try next?

Patient: I am currently taking claritin for my allergies. my symptoms are itchy throat,eyes, and runny nose. The claritin pill doesnt help. What is your advice on which allergy brand to try next?

Symptoms: Runny nose, itchy coughing throat

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI).If you hav e severe coughing with sputum production, get a Chest Xray Done to rule out Pneumonia.Claritin is Loratadine. If you are not getting relief with it then you might be having an acute infection.For URTI, I advise as follows:1. To take an antibiotic like Azithromycin.2. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetirizine3. To do warm saline gargles.4. To do steam inhalation5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy

Guest: That was an entirely unhelpful answer, this woman clearly has allergies that simply were not cleared up by Claritin, not a URTI. This question deserves a second opinion, pronto.