Which depression meds?

Patient : Greetings, I currently take 40mg Citalopram everyday for depression. I have been on it for 3 years. I am beginning to notice it isn't as affective. What medication comes next?
Symptoms:  Lower mood, depressed
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. You may consider other options like venlafaxine or d esvenlafaxine or mirtazapine or fluoxetine. These medicines don't have any fixed order and the prescription depends on your symptom profile and the possibility of side -effects. Do meet your Doctor and discuss the above-mentioned options and get yourself prescribed the drug that suits you the best. Hope this helps. Wish you a good health.