Which surgery should I have first, Cervical or Lumbar Spine?

Patient : My question is, If you have a ruptured disk in the lower lumber and a cervical disorder, is it necessary to have the cervical done first in order to do the lower lumber disc? I was told that if I didn't get the cervical disc done first it may leave me unstable and cause paralysis. I need to know if I should get the cervical disc done before the lumber disc.
Doctor :   The more unstable/significant condition should be corrected first. In your case, the cervical condition seems to require more urgent attention and thus should be operated on first. After you have completely recovered form this procedure then the lumbar spine condition can be corrected.