While at work today (driving the city bus), I was

Patient : While at work today (driving the city bus), I was presented with a situation whereby I had to slam on my brakes very hard. This has left me wondering if something like this could cause any problems, such as a concussion (from the rapid deceleration and body being thrown around a bit). I was wearing the lap belt and did not hit my head on anything, but I also realize that concussions can occur without the head making physical contact with another object. 11 hours has now elapsed and no new or unusual symptoms have presented. Am I ok to continue with my normal routine of work, school, etc. and is there anything that I should be watching for going forward? Thank you in advance.
Doctor :   HI. Thanks for your query. Noted your history well and understood your concerns. My thoughts: Usually the head inj uries in the form of deceleration injury does not cause any problems in the young people unless there is some preexisting problems like aneurysm in the brain, on some anti-coagulant therapy, uncontrolled hypertension or so. Can cause problems in the very old people as the brain normally shrinks and allows excessive movement and hence allow the tear of the veins on the covering part. If you have no symptoms related to headache,, nausea, vomiting, not feeling well and fit, I do not think you rally need to worry. You may please watch for: Headache. Feeling sleepy or irritated/ change of sensorium. Nausea and/or vomiting Any weakness on one side of the body Change in half of face. Also get checked for diabetes and blood pressure as a routine. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries and give the feedback.