While on contraceptive pills, you're meant to start your period during the inactive pills.

Patient

Q: While on contraceptive pills, you're meant to start your period during the inactive pills, you don't have to start on the first day of them though, right?

Doctor

No, though usually withdrawal bleeding is expected to come during the usage of inactive pills, sometimes it can come while using active pills also.
Because of causes like irregular bleeding can be seen as a side effect of birth control pills or missing the pill or altering the time of intake of pills.
To achieve complete protection you have to use the pills as per the schedule irrespective of withdrawal bleeding.
Take care.