Whiplash sequels and possible fibromyalgia

Q: Hi . I was in a auto accisent in 2001. I was t- boned and flipped. Since that time I have had cronic back and right shoulder pain. As well as issues with my right knee and ankle. I have seen two doctors. Mri after MRI x rays. And nothing. No explination about what it could be. At one time I was told ai I had a buldging disc. but now they claim they cant see it.. The pain ahs gotten worse over the years to the point I dont sleep well. And when I do It takes me about 20 min to be able to move to get up in the morning. I am sick of taking pain meds and muscle relacers and no ans. I have been having migraines for the last 5 years but they are on the left side. So what do I do Can I ask for certain test? I really want to know whats wrong with me. I had cervical cancer in 1996 which led to a complete hystorectomy. And cancer runs in my family. So I have been scared that may be a factor. But I cant get anyone to listen and run different test.. Can you give me any ideas on what to say to them so they do something? Or any isea what is wrong with me .. PLEASE HELP ME !!

A:   The whiplash injury (cervical acceleration-deceleration) is one of the most common cause of cervical strain and also one of the most common sequels of nonfatal car injuries.
The severity of the trauma often is not correlated with the seriousness of the initial injury.
A history of neck injury is a significant risk factor for chronic neck pain. Other complications besides the pain include:  spinal cord compression, strains or tears of the anterior spinal ligaments, shoulder pain, muscular weakness of the arms.
In the view that your multiple imaging studies have come out negative, it might be useful to perform an electromyography to rule out a possible nerve-muscle problem consequence of the same issue.
The other possibility that should be ruled out in your case is Fibromyalgia, which  is an illness that causes chronic pain in muscles and ligaments. Although this disorder affects about 4 million Americans, the vast majority of them are women in their mid-30s to late-50s.In addition to muscular pain and stiffness, this ailment can also cause fatigue, sleep problems, depression and an inability to think clearly. While there is no known cause for fibromyalgia, recent research has revealed some new facts about the disease. One of the new discoveries is that people with fibromyalgia process pain differently. The level of chemical in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) called substance P, which transmits pain impulses to the brain, is three times higher in people with the disease than in those who do not have the condition. This likely causes someone with fibromyalgia to experience pain more intensely. Although there is no cure for fibromyalgia, home treatment can relieve some of the symptoms.
The most important therapy for muscle pain is regular, low-impact exercise. Keeping muscles conditioned and healthy by exercising three times a week decreases the amount of discomfort. It is important to try low-stress exercises such as walking, swimming, water aerobics, and biking rather than muscle-straining exercises such as weight training. Besides helping with tenderness, regular exercises can also boost energy levels and help with sleep. No single treatment will take away all the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia.. Biofeedback and relaxation techniques: Besides lessening pain, these therapies also decrease the number of tender points. Acupuncture: Multiple studies have shown that acupuncture can decrease tender point pain.  Massage therapy: This can help relax and soothe painful muscles.