Ask The Doctor > Penis Health > What are these white bumps on my testicles? (Images)

What are these white bumps on my testicles? (Images)

Patient: Puss on testicles. I’m not sure what they are. Maybe pimples or hair follicles or ulcers? But now one has a blood blister type of thing at the surface? Is this bad?

Symptoms: None

White bumps on testicles?-1 White bumps on testicles?-1 White bumps on testicles?-1

Doctor: Bumps may appear on scrotum for variety of reasons. We may broadly divide them into 2 categories: Bumps over the surface of the scrotal skin and Lumps inside the scrotum sac. The bumps on the scrotal skin that you are having may be sebaceous cysts among others. A painless lump over the scrotal skin is very likely to be sebaceous cyst. It is also called epidermal cyst. These cysts are common in younger age group. Skin that bears hair is kept soft by the oil (sebum) secreted by sebaceous glands. These glands open into the hair follicles. When the ducts draining the glands gets blocked, they become distended by their own secretions. Eventually, enough sebum accumulates to form a smooth, firm nodule in the skin. This painless cystic swelling is what is called a sebaceous cyst. Pus or blood, however are not normal. Please consult a physician for examination and treatment.