White mass inside nose Like hard flesh Somewhat sore Nose

Q: White mass inside nose. Like hard flesh. Somewhat sore. Nose is congested. Mass is small and I can see a hole in it like a hair follicle. I could send a pic

Symptoms:  Hard lump in nose. Sort of sore. Somewhat congested.
White mass inside nose Like...-1

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and a very clear picture.
Please give me some information before I can really comment on this:
- Since when have you got this lump?
- How was it noticed ?
- Does it appear to fall off if tried to pull out like a scab or so?

From the appearance it looks like a kerotosis or a small scar in reaction to a small injury in past.
This area is a junction between the in-turned skin of collumella and the nasal mucosa, but does not look to be related to the hair as such.

My advise would be :
Get this excised under local anesthesia and get a histo-pathological diagnosis. This will help in 2 ways:
1. you get rid of the mass which is not a normal part of the body and
2. you get a perfect diagnosis.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis and curative treatment.
Please feel free to ask relevant queries.

Patient: I had a baby 6 mo ago and had very dry nasal passages. Possibly I irritated that area over time. I think I had what I thought was a pimple there a week ago or so but I can't remember. The skin can be pulled off in little pieces. I noticed it yesterday morning. Just felt sore and dry.
Doctor: Thanks for your feedback.
This looks to be the case as we discussed . Get the surgery done and be assured .
Patient: Thank you. Is a ketosis the same as scar tissue?
Patient: Sorry...is keratosis the same as scar tissue?
Doctor: There is a small difference. Scar is a pure fibrosis and keratosis is overgrowth of keratin.
Patient: It seems to be going away now. Would either of these (scar or karatosis) do that?
Doctor: Yes, this is the area where the character of growth of skin is different and can separate off the lesions.
Please confirm the new skin if it comes is normal, otherwise still to take an opinion. You may please email the new photograph give a reference of Query ID- 258611, if posted I may be in a position to see.
Patient: How do I send new photo?
Doctor: You have send it by email to the office with the above reference and they will direct it to me.
Is it falling off?
Patient: I have no idea what office to send to. Do you have the email address? Some of it has come off.
Doctor: It my come off all; just confirm that the base is a healthy skin/mucosa- if not consult an ENT .
Asked for the email address, will send to you the moment I get it .