White milky discharge from the breasts

Patient

Q: Is it safe that a white milky liquid comes out of a girls breast before marriage?

Doctor

A:   White milky discharge from the breasts may be due to hormonal imbalance related to the use of birth control pills, or excessive secretion of hormone prolactin from tumour in the pituitary or elsewhere in the body, or it may be due to an underlying breast condition like a tumour. It would be beneficial to have your breasts examined by your family doctor to rule out any abnormality in your breasts, and if necessary a few blood tests could be done to find the reason for the hormonal imbalance that triggered the milk secretion.

White milky discharge from the breasts may be due to hormonal imbalance related to the use of birth control pills, or excessive secretion of hormone prolactin from tumour in the pituitary or elsewhere in the body, or it may be due to an underlying breast condition like a tumour. It would be beneficial to have your breasts examined by your family doctor to rule out any abnormality in your breasts, and if necessary a few blood tests could be done to find the reason for the hormonal imbalance that triggered the milk secretion.