White patches on tonsils

Q: Hello I have recently noticed I have white patches on my tonsils I have had strep throat and tonsilitious before but dont remember it being this bad I do sometimes get the taste of blood in my mouth and notice that they are draining whenever my throat gets a burning feeling.What can I do and what has caused this

Symptoms:  Burning throat. Puss blood white patches in throat

A:   Than you for your question. It is possible that you may have contracted bacterial pharyngitis. This could be caused by streptococcal bacteria (strep throat) or other bacterial organisms. It is important that you have this examined by your doctor in person and having a swabbing sample of the back of your throat taken to be sent for testing for the causative agent of this infection. You will most likely be prescribed oral antibiotics to treat this infection.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com