Whiteheads or Milia

Patient

Q: How to cure whiteheads on cheeks , chin and forehead with salicylic acid 2% usage?

Symptoms:  white bumps on face
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Gel's, lotions or facial cleansers containing 2% salicylic acid can be prescribed as a treatment for mild acne, such as yours. The way this works is that it kills the bacteria beneath the surface of the skin which cause acne, and open comedones (white heads). Using a preparation containing this medication can assist in reducing the appearance of acne and preventing future outbreaks. Please consult your physician before starting any treatment for your acne.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com