Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why am I bleeding after intercourse

Why am I bleeding after intercourse

Patient: Hello , when I have sex with my partner I begin to bleed a lot , after I get out the shower and everything .. The bleeding stops but certain days when I use the bathroom and wipe it’s like a spot of brown . What is happening ?

Symptoms: Bleeding

Doctor: Hello,The symptom of post coital bleeding indicates that you may have cervical erosions or ectopy. It is suggested th at you may visit your physician for a per speculum examination and a PAP SMEAR to evaluate any atypia. If cervical erosions are detected with mild atypia on smear then you may be offered cryocauterisation of the cervical ectopy .You may discuss the details with your physician and take an informed decision accordingly.Wishing you good health,regards