Why am i getting shoulder pain

Patient: I have a dull achy pain in my right shoulder blade thst travels down my arm to my hand. My wrist and elbow are sore and my hand feels swollen but its not. My neck is tender but most of the pain is in my shoulder. The pain started yesterday at work and ibuprofen helps slightly but doesn’t take the pain away. The pain is a dull throbbing ache like its bruised. My arm feels dead and heavy

Symptoms: Sore shoulder blade, arm, wrist, hands and fingers

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor,There are many causes of shoulder pain.Have you been exercising harder lately, or maybe you helped your neighbor carry a heavy weight?Whatever the reason, injuring your shoulder blade is easy to accomplish, but the shooting pain is anything but easy to handle! Make sure not to work it any more than absolutely necessary until it recovers or you can cause long-lasting damage to it. And also if you don’t have enough synovial fluid around your shoulder joint, you may begin to experience some pain. Any movement causes pain, so sufferers try as hard as possible not to move their shoulders — hence why it’s called a “frozen shoulder”. Heat therapy, medication and some simple, low-intensity exercises can all help ease your shoulder. Make sure you’re comfortable in bed, particularly your neck position. A hot bath can help cure your sore shoulder muscles in this situation. Applying a cold pack on your shoulder can help ease the pain, especially if it’s caused by inflammation as a result of overstretched muscles. Apply the cold pack 3 times a day over the area that is bothering you, for about 15 minutes each time. This not only helps reduce the pain, but it also helps removing the inflammation.Hope this helps. All the best.

View all posts